How to Add a Co-Teacher to a Group
Ever need extra help with grading or an additional set of eyes on your students? A teacher can easily share an Edmodo group with another teacher by giving them co-teacher access. With co-teacher access, the other teacher or teachers can help grade assignments, monitor discussions and manage members.
How to add a co-teacher to a group
- Invite the co-teacher to the group with the same 6-digit group code or “Join Group URL” used to invite students.After the co-teacher joins the group:
Click the “Members” tab above the group’s communication stream.
- Select the teacher member who you would like to make a co-teacher.
- Select the “Access” drop-down arrow on the right panel and choose “Co-Teacher” from the menu options.
Note: Student accounts can not be given co-teacher access. You must have a teacher account to be given co-teacher access.
The co-teacher has all the same abilities as the group owner except for the following:
- Archive or delete a group.
- Upgrade another teacher to co-teacher status.
- Remove the group’s creator from the group.
- Withdraw from the group (the teacher will need to change the access back to “teacher”).
- Approve or deny new member requests in the group (from the “Join Group URL”).
Note: From the Notifications section, co-teachers can also view students’ homework submissions. The notification is synced on both teachers’ homepages, so if a teacher grades an assignment, the co-teacher’s notification for that assignment will disappear.