Find Teachers in a Community
Want to hear more about what a teacher posted in a community? Maybe even gain more resources? Connect with the teacher from the community!
How to Add a Teacher in a Community
- Click on a teacher’s name or profile picture and you will be taken to the teacher’s profile page.
- Select the “Add Connection” button to request a connection.
How to Add Content to your Library from a Community
- Click the “Add to Library” button next to the item you want to add to your library
- The trending content of a community is on the right panel of the community’s page.
Note: The number displayed next to the library button shows how many teachers have added that particular piece of content to their library.
How to Hide Community Posts
When you follow a community, all new posts from that community will appear in your “Latest Posts” communication stream on your Edmodo homepage. You can hide these posts without unfollowing the community. To do this:
- View your Edmodo Homepage and click on “Latest Posts” on the left left corner to view your communication stream.
- Find the most recent post from the community you want to hide and select the blue carrot in the corner of that post.
- Click the “Hide” button.
Note: You can unhide communities from your account settings page under the “Hidden Posts” option.
How to View/Add Content from a Publisher Community
Publisher communities provide digital content for you to use in your classroom and also allow you to share ideas and discuss your experiences. To access content from these communities, do the following:
- Select the community and click on the “Collection” link located on the top right.
- Click the Library icon to add the resource to your library.