How to Create/Manage Badges
Trying to find ways to recognize your students and keep track of positive behavior? You can easily provide recognition to individual students for their achievements. Badges are simple to award, and teachers have the option to choose pre-made designs or create their own. Try even incorporating badges with your current class reward system; talk about motivation (and organization)!
Note: Teachers can only award badges to students at this time. They cannot be awarded to other teachers.
How to Award a Badge
Once you select the “Award Badge” button, you will have the option to create a badge, choose from badges you have created in the past, or choose from Edmodo-created badges.
To award a badge from a student’s profile:
- Visit the profile of the student you’d like to award the badge to and select the “Award Badge” button at the top of their profile page.
- Create a badge, select from the badges you have created, or choose an Edmodo created badge to award.
Note: You can link to a student’s profile straight from the Progress Page by clicking on the student’s name, or you can type the student’s name in the search field.
You can also award a badge from the group’s “Members” tab:
- Select the group name from the left panel.
- Click the “Members”tab located on the group navigation bar.
- On the Manage Members page, select the student you wish to award a badge to and from the right panel, select the “award badge” button.
- Select multiple students to award multiple badges at once.
How to Create a Badge
- Click “Award Badge” on a student’s profile or in the manage page.
- Select the “new badge” option from the left panel.
- Provide a title for the badge and a description, then select the upload button to provide an image for the badge.
- Your image should be 114 x 114 pixels or it will be automatically resized to fit into this standard badge size.
How to Share or Unshare a Badge
When creating a new badge, you can elect to share that badge by ticking the “Share this badge with other teachers” (located on the “New badge” panel). To share a badge that has already been created, or to stop sharing a badge:
- Select “My Student Badges” from the left panel.
- Choose the badge you want to share (or stop sharing) and click the pencil icon at the bottom of the window.
- From the edit badge page, you can check (or uncheck) the “Share this badge with other teachers” option.
Note: To view shared badges from other teachers, visit their profile page. If the teacher has any shared badges, it will be indicated on the right panel by a link labeled “# of shared badges to use with your students”.
How to Delete a Badge
- Select the badge from your list.
- Choose the pencil icon at the bottom of the panel.
- In the edit screen you will see the option to delete the badge.
How to Revoke a Badge
1) Visit the profile of the student who was awarded the badge.
2) Click the “badges earned” link to open up the badge panel.
3) Select the badge you’d like to revoke.
4) Once selected, you will see the “revoke badge” option at the bottom of the panel.
Note: You can only revoke a badge if you awarded that badge.