How to Deactivate an Account
Are you sure you need a new account? Did you know you can edit/change most information on your current account? If you created the wrong type of account, you will need to delete the account.
Please read carefully through the following deactivation instructions for each account type:
- You can deactivate your account from your account settings page. Do so by clicking “Account” and then “Settings”.
- This is a permanent action and you will lose all of your content, posts, and student work. This cannot be recovered.
Attention: If any of the following reasons apply, please do not deactivate your account:
- If you have an error with your account, email support for assistance and describe the issue.
- If your school has created a subdomain of Edmodo, you do not need to create a new account. To join the subdomain, go to your subdomain (your_school.edmodo.com) and log in with your current username and password. Then, type in the school code you were given when prompted.
- If you would like to change your email address, do this from your current account by clicking “Account” then “Settings”.
- If you would like to change your username, this is not possible. You will have to create a new account and delete your current one
- Please have your teacher email us at email@example.com with Subject Line: Delete Student Account to request the deletion of your account. We will need your username, email address or profile url.
Note: When a student account is deleted, student work and grades will be lost. However, when a student is removed from a group, the account is not permanently deleted. The student can re-join with the code at anytime.
- The only reason to delete a parent account is if the account was made accidentally or if you plan to never use Edmodo in the future. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Delete Parent Account to request the deletion of your account.
Note: It is easy to update/edit your current parent account in order to follow your child’s account (or children’s accounts)! Please read “How To” for Parents.
Don’t have an Edmodo account but you’re receiving Edmodo emails or text notifications?
We apologize for any inconvenience and will fix this immediately!
- To have your email or cell number removed from Edmodo, please email your request to email@example.com with Subject Line: Wrong Email/Phone to request this removal.