How to Follow and Utilize Communities
You can find other teachers similar to you, without leaving your classroom! Edmodo offers a number of communities you can join based upon your subject area interests and your curriculum of choice. These communities are a great place to ask questions, get advice, exchange ideas and share resources.
How to Browse for and Follow a Community or Publisher
- Click “Browse” in the “Communities” section on the left side of your homepage.
- Click on a community or publisher page, and click “Follow” in the top right corner of the page.
- View the community that you are following in the left panel of your Edmodo page.
Note: The Communities page URL address is www.edmodo.com/communities. You can view community posts from your homepage by clicking the “Latest Posts” filter option below your profile picture. To stop following a community, please go to the community’s page and click the “Following” button at the top right of the page.
How to Post in a Community
If you are a new Edmodo user and do not yet have posting rights, in order to post in a community, you must first request posting rights.
- Select the “Request Posting Rights” option in the top section of the community.
- Verification will take 1-3 days. Once you are verified by Edmodo as an educator, you will have posting rights in all communities.
- Select the “Post” link to send a post to the community at the top of the community page, under the community name.