How to Link Your Google Docs
Using Google Docs with your classes? All your Google Docs can sync with your Edmodo Library. This will allow you to share documents with your Edmodo groups and students can easily turn-in assignments completed via Google Docs.
How to Link your Google Docs to Your Library
- Login to your Edmodo account.
- Click the library icon from the top toolbar.
- Select the Google Docs link on the left panel.
- Select the “Connect with Google Docs” button and you will be prompted to sign in to your Google Docs account.
- Select the “Allow Access” button when prompted about Edmodo permission to access your Google Docs.
Note: It is recommended that all students within your groups link their Google Docs account with Edmodo before you begin sharing Google Docs with those groups/students. Students will need to first go to their “Backpack” and then can click the “link to google docs” option.
After you link Google Docs to your Library…
How to Share Google Docs with your Groups
- Click on “Note” at the top of your Edmodo homepage and type your message in the box.
- Select “Library” to choose the Google Doc you want to attach/share.
- Select the “Google Docs” link from the left panel.
- Select the document you want to share.
- Set the permissions for the document via the checkbox at the bottom of the page - “Allow users that have connected their Google account to edit.” (Note that you must be the owner of the document in order to give others editing privileges).
- Select attach. You will be taken back to the post bubble where you can choose the group/individuals you would like to send the document.
- Click send to share.
When attaching a Google Doc to an Edmodo post, you are given the option at the bottom of the Add from Library box to manage the permissions on the document you are sharing.
The checkbox will allow you to automatically set the write permissions on the document for anyone receiving the document via the Edmodo post. The receiving user will also have had to associate her/his Edmodo account with Google Docs.
If you do not check the box, Edmodo will attempt to set read permissions for receiving users that have associated their Edmodo account with Google Docs.
How to Disconnect Your Google Docs Account from Edmodo
There are two steps you must take to completely remove your Google Docs from your Edmodo library. Please note that both steps must be taken before you can link another Google Docs account with your Edmodo library.
- Disconnect from Edmodo:
- Select the Google Docs link on the left panel from your Edmodo library
- Select the “Disconnect Account” link on the right panel.
- Confirm by selecting the “Yes, disconnect my account” button from the pop up panel that appears.
- Revoke Access From Gmail:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to your “Account Settings” (not gmail settings). This can be done by selecting your profile photo from the top right corner and selecting “Account” from the drop down.
- Select “Security” from the left navigation menu from the “Account Overview” page.
- Select the “Edit” button next to ”Authorizing Applications and Sites”.
- Locate “Edmodo” at the top of the page and select the “Revoke Access” link
Note: If your Google Docs are experiencing problems with connecting to Edmodo, follow the steps to disconnect and revoke access. Then, try reconnecting your Google Docs.