How to Send a Post
Have something to share with your group? Post your ideas, files, and homework using the post bubble that is located at the top of your center panel on your Edmodo homepage.
How to Send a Post
- Click on Note, Alert, Assignment, Quiz or Poll at the top of your center panel of your Edmodo homepage.
- Click the “Files,” “Links,” or “Library” link options to upload attachments to your post. (Any files or links you post will automatically be added to your library, so be sure to provide a good description when posting these items).
- Choose to Send Now or Scheduled:
- Type the name of a student, teacher, or group into the “Send to” field. (Edmodo will provide auto suggestions as you begin to type).
Note: If you choose the post to send when scheduled, it will only save in your previously loaded once it is sent.
- Teachers can post to recipients and multiple groups by typing in the “Send to” field of the post bubble. Your post can be sent to the following recipients:
- Students: Must be member of a group that you own or co-teach.
- Teachers: Teachers in your groups or established connections.
- Groups: Any of your groups.
- Parent Groups: Type in the group name and select the parent group option in the drop-down list that appears, e.g., “Math (Parents).” This is the only way for parents to view your posts!
- “All Groups”: Sends a post to all of the groups you are a member of (even those you don’t own or co-teach).
- Yourself: Type your name in the “Send to” field to send yourself a direct message.
- Connections: All of your teacher connections.
- Everyone: All of your groups and teacher connections (does not include parent groups).
Note: You can send a message to multiple groups at once. However, all of the groups that are copied on your post can see the replies to your post. To keep group replies separate, send posts individually to each class.
- For teachers in a school or district subdomain, your post can also be sent to the following recipients:
- School name (Teachers and Admins): Post a message to all teachers and administrators in your school
- District name (Teachers and Admins): Post a message to all teachers and administrators in your district