How to Use Discover
Why reinvent the wheel when other teachers can share reliable and relevant digital content? Teachers can discover and share content based on what they’re teaching or checking into. Discover enables easy discovery of resources and allows you to browse by topics. For example, teachers can search for a video to show on mitosis for today’s lesson by checking into or browsing the topic for Mitosis.
How to Check In to What you Teach
1) Click “Discover” on the left panel of the homepage.
2) Start typing in a topic (Math, Linear Equations, Mitosis, etc.) and select topic from dropdown list
3) Once checked in, click “update my suggestions” under the check in box to update resources related to the topic.
- Currently Teaching: what topic you are currently checked in with
- Recently Taught by Me: all past topics you have checked in with
Note: Teachers can check in as often as they would like to update what they are teaching and view different topics.
How to Browse Topics
1) Two ways to browse topics to get to the Topic page:
- Suggestions Tab: Check in and then click on the topic you are currently teaching directly under the check in box, or click on “view the topic page”.
- Browse Topics Tab: Type your topic in the “Search Topic” box and select the topic from the dropdown list, or click on the topic selection below the search field. Click “More” next to the topic to further break down the topic.
2) View the Topic page:
- Who Else is Teaching: Top left of page, view other teachers checked in to this topic
- Current Trending Resources: Left section of page gives you top publicly shared links in Edmodo communities. View how many times each resource has been downloaded by the blue +number at the bottom of the resource box.
- Related Topics: Upper right section of page, click related topics to view topic pages.
- Top Content: Most popular resources on that topic, based on view counts and added-to-library counts.
Note: Topics and resources are constantly updated based on shared links in communities (link must be a link in a community to appear).
How to Add a Resource to Your Library
- To add a resource to your library from a topics page, click the blue book icon at the bottom of the resource.
How to Share a Resource from Discover
- Click on the “Post” icon under the resource.
- Type your note and fill in the “Send To” field with the member(s) or group(s).