Latest Version Tips and Tricks
We’ll show you where to find all of the Edmodo features you already know and love, and introduce you to a few new ones that we hope will make your Edmodo experience even better!
Latest Version Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I get more help on the latest version?
- Please check out our updated Help Center which includes detailed explanations of all of our features. If you are a teacher that requires more assistance, please post a question on the Support Community which can be found on the lower left sidebar of your account.
2. Can I access the latest version on my iPad?
- Yes! Download the Edmodo iPad app (or install the update if you already have the app) and sign in to access the latest version.
3. How do I retrieve a student’s login information or reset a password?
- From your teacher account, you can provide students with their usernames and reset their passwords. To do this, click the group the specific student is in, click the “Members” tab and select the specific student. Then, on the right side, you will see the username and “Change password” option.
4. Will I be able to access my old work and groups in the latest version?
- All your work and groups will be carried over into the latest version. If students have been relying on the “attached to post” option in their library, that is no longer available and they will no longer have access to it. They can still find the resources attached to posts on the communication stream.
5. Where can my students find the folders I share with them?
- Shared Teacher Folders are now in a new place. Please make sure your student has clicked on the appropriate group. On the top grey toolbar, they can click on the “folder” tab and see all folders you have shared with the group.
6. How do I add members to small groups?
- The members first need to be in a main group. Then, click the main group name on the left panel, click the “Small groups” tab and click the small group name from the list (which will show if you have already created the small group). After you click on the small group name, it will open the group and a list of all the students from the main group will appear to the right. You can then drag and drop a student’s name into the small group.
7. What can my students see on the Recent Activity stream? What can I see?
- Find out about Recent Activity.
8. How should I use the Discover feature?
- Discover is a great new way to surface digital content. You can check in to a particular topic to see relevant, lesson-ready content and find other educators who are teaching the same topic to share ideas with.
9. Where is the student’s library? What is a backpack?
- The student’s library is now called the backpack. Student’s can upload files and attach links to their backpack and use it as their “virtual flash drive”.
10. Do students have to react to an assignment?
- Yes! Students are required to react to an assignment. While this may be different than before, it will help you collect data on how students feel towards assignments, which is aggregated on your new Insights tab.
11. Where do I find my “scheduled” posts?
- Teachers around the world are thrilled to be able to schedule their posts. You can find and edit these on your spotlight notifications tab.
12. I heard you can now filter group notifications, where do I find that?
- If you want to receive email notifications or “Latest posts” updates from only certain groups, you can update this by clicking on the group, then unchecking the boxes under “advanced options” on the right side of the page.